Top Ideas for Digital Signage in Schools
The past decade has seen a proliferation of dynamic display systems for many industries and commercial markets. Once seen as a niche market with limited applications, digital signage for schools is rapidly expanding and using new services to improve the quality of education. For the most part, this trend started at the university level. Electronic building directories, donor walls, and marquees have helped universities increase their profile, as well as their student and visitor services.
With their consistent success, other branches of the education market have taken notice. More and more, secondary and even primary institutions are implementing digital signage in schools. As a consequence, this technology is seeing a proliferation of applications and ideas. Here are a few such ideas that administrators and superintendents would do well to consider for their own institution.
Digital Signage for Schools: Top Ideas
- Outdoor Marquees: This is one of the most common installations for private businesses, universities, and primary and secondary institutions. Outdoor marquees most help community and family involvement by better promoting educational initiatives, community-based events, and important dates.
- Dynamic Displays for the Classroom:This runs the gamut from visual content of morning announcements, a built-in safety and emergency response system, and even new teaching aids and methods. The most effective displays for the classroom will likely capitalize on more than one of these applications.
- The Teachers' Lounge: In primary and secondary schools, the teachers' lounge is sacrosanct, a singular opportunity for teachers to confide in one another, compare notes to improve student performance in the classroom, and take a breather from the crush of the day. Dynamic screens can show news and weather updates, the latest educational strategies and studies, as well as more entertainment-based content.
- Staff and Student Recognition: Though universities will do this too, staff and student recognition is a natural idea for digital signage in schools. Local communities take an active interest in the achievements of their students, teachers, and administrators. This type of recognition can help remind residents that their local tax dollars aren't going to waste.
- Advertising Revenue:Universities have been converting the buying power of their student bodies into advertising revenue dollars for many years. In public institutions, this funding strategy is still controversial, yet increasingly necessary at the same time. With dynamic displays and highly-coveted demographics, institutions can optimize advertising revenues without turning the grounds into a commercialized free-for-all. Just at popular athletic events, this advertising can create a cost-effective source of revenue.
- Donor Walls: A more conventional method for increasing revenue is the installation of a digital donor wall. These donor walls greatly enhance an institution's ability to recruit and recognize significant financial contributors. Many administrations combine these walls with student and teacher recognition boards.
- Wayfinding: Here is an example of digital signage for schools that has remained mostly a university signage application. Helping visitors and new students find their way around campus is a huge component of university services, whereas primary and secondary sites have a more insular educational setting.
Products and Services by Four Winds Interactive
Although Four Winds Interactive has mostly served university clients, we do recognize the existing potential and emerging demand in other educational settings. Our Content Manager, Content Player, and industry-leading stable of software applications put us in a uniquely capable position of implementing digital signage for schools. Moreover, our hassle-free installation, impeccable design services, and user-friendly software system is ideal for any educational institution.
If you have questions about how our products and services can fit your needs or would like to set up a time to demo our software, please feel free to Contact Us.